Making The Vision Plain (3)
“Victory – Our Spiritual Journey”
Bible Reading: Matthew 2:1-15
There are three fundamental questions of life; 1. “Who am I?” 2. “Where did I come from?” 3. “Where am I going?”.
Over the last two Sundays the first two questions were addressed in the sermons, “Victory-a personal testimony” and “Victory-a biblical survey”. Today we will consider the question… “Where we are going?”.
Since our first meeting almost twenty years ago we have been on a journey worshipping God at six different locations. Like the wise men our journey began in the East!
1. The Tolbooth Mission
- An upper-room where we ministered to the poor and homeless of the city.
- The statute of John Knox – “Give me Scotland or I die.”
- Glasgow Cross where I surrendered my entire life to Christ in 1967.
* Don’t forget the poor.
2. Allen Glens School
- “Enlarge the place of thy tent.” Isa. 54:2
(A prophecy given by Judson Cornwall a mighty prophet from America)
* Don’t be content with a small or medium vision when you can “go large”! The famous 300!!
* Don’t forget youth of our cities and towns. Allen Glen had a vision to train young people – so must we.
3. St. David’s Primary School
- It reminds me of Bethlehem – you needed to be wise and have help from heaven to find it!
- It has since been demolished.
* Don’t forget the little children.
4. Smith Street Brethren Hall
- The congregation had grown too old to attend regularly but they longed for revival.
* Don’t forget the Simeons and the Annas who even in old-age can be filled with the Holy Spirit and serve the Lord day and night with prayer and fasting. (Luke 2:25-38)
5. Partick Burgh Halls
- The story of three great pioneers.
* C.T.Studd, Brother Andrew, Hugh Black
* "We beheld His glory” John 1:14
* In a vision I saw the cloud of glory moving to Govan! (Numbers 10:33-36)
* Don’t forget our great heritage.
6. South Govan Town Hall
- It looked like a stable but with the presence of Jesus it became the house of the Lord where wise men came to worship Jesus and offer Him their gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.
* Don’t forget that Jesus is Emmanuel – God with us. (Matt. 1:23)